Wanting to add some movement to our refreshed vihanti.com website, I found particles.js which I figured just might do the trick. But I didn’t want it over the whole site–just in the header banner. After tweaking the particles and downloading the json config, it was actually pretty simple!
For vihanti.com, I really wanted some animations that
would capture our “Creativity Unleashed” slogan. After exploring
AniCollection and still not finding
anything, I finally designed my own animation around
opacity. I think it turned out really cool!
For vihanti.com, we’re using gulp as our build system instead of hugo (which is what this site uses), because it allows us to take advantage of the latest goodness available through npm. I really wanted to use ES6 for this project, but I found it a little tricky to find the best way to get minified JS with ES6. The important thing here is that we’re using rollup to both process the ES6 code and minify it using terser. I tried using babelify and uglify, but I ran into trouble with…